Homemade CASHEW COCONUT GRANOLA on a bed of blueberries and almond milk yogurt is a dream for me. Crunchy and slightly sweet, I’m telling you – serve this and you’ll be a GRANOLA GODDESS!
I have a serious question. Is there such thing as too much granola? Anyone? I’m asking for a friend Truth be told, I think I’ve eaten more granola in these last few weeks than my entire life! And I’m not stopping now! So many homemade granola flavor combos to experiment with! This one is great by itself, on oats, smoothies and especially yogurt bowls.
This recipe uses oats mixed with raw cashews (make sure they are unsalted!) and unsweetened coconut flakes. If nuts aren’t your thing, you could definitely substitute more coconut or oats for the cashews.
The Secret to Clumpy Granola
I have a confession – I’m THAT girl who shuffles through the granola bag to find the big clumps. Can you blame me? The secret to those clumps is adding egg whites! Beat up an egg white and mix it in right before baking. Clumps up like a charm!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped raw cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 Tb maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, cashews, coconut flakes, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla till warm, stirring to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry. Mix till all oats and cashews are coated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk one egg white till frothy. Stir egg white into granola mixture.
- Spread out granola on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, giving the pan a shake half way through.
- Cool completely.